What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use airplay on ipad 2?

tutubebe99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a ipad 2 as my birthday present a few days ago.There are many interesting applications.I like it.But I can't see the button for airplay on videos.I don't know much about airplay,So what should i do to get it connected? Can anyone give me some advice?I'm really appreciate.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a ipad 2 as my birthday present a few days ago.There are many interesting applications.I like it.But I can't see the button for airplay on videos.I don't know much about airplay,So what should i do to get it connected? Can anyone give me some advice?I'm really appreciate.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Wow - an iPad2 as a birthday present. Someone loves you a whole lot!! You are one lucky dude.....

OK - saw your questions - they'll be some answers coming from other more experienced members over the next few hours.

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

robotpav520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need An apple tv , an iOS device or PC/Mac, local WLAN network, an HDMI supported TV.

Airplay is a feature provided by apple to stream your local video/audio to apple tv or other airport express device.It streams your local media files to supported device for playback, while homesharing allows you to play shared media in other device locally.

OP
T

tutubebe99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So,can I playback 1080p movies on apple tv via airplay?

snoitan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airplay on the iPad 2 only supports 720p for movies. The iPad 2 can stream up to 1080p via the Digital AV Adapter, but even with the adapter, it won't stream 1080p movies.

A couple of guys did mod their iPad to allow for 1080p streaming.

robotpav520

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. Apple said no but they're just too humble.

You may transfer your 1080p movies to your iPad and airplay it on apple tv, as long as you got enough network bandwidth....

Most reactions