What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to upload a CV onto a website from your iPad?

Smiley37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am currently searching for jobs online. I have created a CV using CV Template - Write A CV In Minutes. From here I can email and print the CV. I can change it into PDF, HTML files etc. However, I can't find a way to save this document actually onto my iPad.
When I visit job websites they all ask for a CV to be uploaded onto the application form. The space for this is greyed out and no option to select it.
How can I get by CV from the website onto the iPad hard drive so I can attach it to online application forms?
On one occasion I have been able to get the email address of the recruiter and have emailed her my CV for that specific role. I would like to be able to post my CV onto websites such as monster, job site, etc and this is what I can't seem to do.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you use a third-party browser, such as iCab, then this app has the facility to upload files to a website.

Safari cannot do this, as you've discovered.

Tim

TeeAsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi does this work with the IPhone 5s? I have just purchased iCab and when I click on browse files I am only getting the option to upload photographs!
Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi does this work with the IPhone 5s? I have just purchased iCab and when I click on browse files I am only getting the option to upload photographs!
Thanks!

This scared me for a moment, as I could not get it to work on either the iPhone or iPad; but a bit of research shows that they've changed the default to the iOS version of upload; which only works with photos.

To change it back to the iCab replacement go into the in-app settings (gear icon), Network, then change Uploads Via. . . to iCab Mobile.

Hold in mind this still does not work with every site. If a site does not work but offers a simplified upload method, switch to that.

Edit: Choose the 'basic uploader' before tapping the Choose File button. I had to do this several times on the iPad before I got the iCab version of the uploader on the DropBox website. I have yet to convince it to work on the iPhone and DropBox. *sigh*

Last edited:

TeeAsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This scared me for a moment, as I could not get it to work on either the iPhone or iPad; but a bit of research shows that they've changed the default to the iOS version of upload; which only works with photos.

To change it back to the iCab replacement go into the in-app settings (gear icon), Network, then change Uploads Via. . . to iCab Mobile.

Hold in mind this still does not work with every site. If a site does not work but offers a simplified upload method, switch to that.

Edit: Choose the 'basic uploader' before tapping the Choose File button. I had to do this several times on the iPad before I got the iCab version of the uploader on the DropBox website. I have yet to convince it to work on the iPhone and DropBox. *sigh*

Brilliant, thanks so much for your help! Worked first time!

Most reactions

Latest posts