What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Turn an iPhone Into a Wireless Bluetooth iPad Camera

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
Video

The iPad doesn't have a built-in camera, but you can give it something better. By putting an app onto each an iPad and an iPhone, you can connect the two via bluetooth and have a wireless camera for your iPad.

All you need to do is download the Camera A and Camera B apps onto your iPad and iPhone respectively—note that Camera A will set you back a buck while Camera B is free. Once you've got the apps on your devices, make sure bluetooth is switched on, and open the apps. Ta da! You'll see everything your iPhone's lens sees on your iPad.

To take a picture you'll tap the camera icon at the bottom of your iPad's screen. A pop up prompt will ask you if you really want to save the photo and that's it, you're done. Oh, and if you want photos to save to both your iPhone and your iPad each time, then you can flip the little toggle switch in the lower right of the screen

This sounds impressive. I could see this being used for video chats. Quality is supposedly not so great.

Source: How to Turn an iPhone Into a Wireless iPad Camera - Ipad camera - Gizmodo

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PicRemoteX 1.0.0

Video

The iPad doesn't have a built-in camera, but you can give it something better. By putting an app onto each an iPad and an iPhone, you can connect the two via bluetooth and have a wireless camera for your iPad.

All you need to do is download the Camera A and Camera B apps onto your iPad and iPhone respectively—note that Camera A will set you back a buck while Camera B is free. Once you've got the apps on your devices, make sure bluetooth is switched on, and open the apps. Ta da! You'll see everything your iPhone's lens sees on your iPad.

To take a picture you'll tap the camera icon at the bottom of your iPad's screen. A pop up prompt will ask you if you really want to save the photo and that's it, you're done. Oh, and if you want photos to save to both your iPhone and your iPad each time, then you can flip the little toggle switch in the lower right of the screen
This sounds impressive. I could see this being used for video chats. Quality is supposedly not so great.

Source: How to Turn an iPhone Into a Wireless iPad Camera - Ipad camera - Gizmodo

(Photography)

from Apps (Free) for iPad

383792.png
PicRemoteX 1.0.0

Category: Photography
Price: Free, Version: 1.0.0 (iTunes)

383792.jpg
Description:

PicRemoteX is a remote camera receiver for your iPad that lets you add pictures to your iPad from your iPhone's camera or photo library. It works in coordination with the free iPhone application PicRemote, which is required in order to use PicRemoteX.

After downloading PicRemoteX onto your iPad and PicRemote on your iPhone, simply start each application and select connect in both. Choose the device to connect to on one device and accept the connection on the other. You will be alerted when you have connected on both devices. Once connected, simply take or select a picture from your iPhone and send it to your iPad, running PicRemoteX.

Both PicRemote and PicRemoteX work over bluetooth, so you will need to enable that in the settings for both devices.

PicRemoteX

mike1941

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Cimousa and 4phun,
a million thxs to both of you for your brillant help and even demo pics.
I've downloaded both, because now I need to get an IPhone first.
But then I'll make sure to get it to work the one or the other way !
I do appreciate your support.
Best regards

Mike

Most reactions