What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to transfer vids from PC to ipad

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have some flv, avi etc movie tutorials I want to access on my ipad 3 but not sure how to get them on to it.

I have drop box but hear that it is not accessible on planes when I have to have the airplane mode on.

I got an app Free Video Downloader which says it will play all files including flv, avi etc. si I am now juts looking at that.

I also have Copy Trans Control Centre which i have used with my Ipda and it is really great without iTunes.

But how can I get the files from my PC to the iPad folder wherever that is?

Thanks

oz

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need an app to play said files, and once you have that, it will have a file management option to help you get the files into the app. Usually it is by a web page it creates when put into transfer mode, you can access from any computer on the network to upload to your iPad. The other method is using theiTunes file transfer feature, which allows you to send file to specific apps that are on your iPad. This happens whilst synced to your PC/Mac with iTunes on the Apps tab. Some apps have additional options for file transfer like cloud support, DLNA streaming, etc.

OP
O

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the answers.

I did get the app from the App Store Free Video Downloader Pro from Carnegie Publishing and was able to Wi Fi the flv videos etc to the ipad okay.

Just don't know how to view then on the ipad. I can see the PDF okay but not the flv files although the apps says that it will play them.

Where can I actual see the files on the ipad please?

Can't see any manual on the app or any support place.

oz

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ozstar said:
Thanks for the answers.

I did get the app from the App Store Free Video Downloader Pro from Carnegie Publishing and was able to Wi Fi the flv videos etc to the ipad okay.

Just don't know how to view then on the ipad. I can see the PDF okay but not the flv files although the apps says that it will play them.

Where can I actual see the files on the ipad please?

Can't see any manual on the app or any support place.

oz

As stated above, you need a video player app. Some good ones are OPlayerHD and Goodplayer. There are plenty of others. The app you describe is a downloader, not a player. Once installed, you probably need to select the file in the downloader app and tell it to be opened by your player app using the Open In... feature (if it has one).

Note that the flv file resides in the download app, so it cannot be accessed from the player app, you have to use the above feature to open it. All apps are sandboxed, so there is no common file sharing apart from photos in the camera roll.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you can try vlc media player its easy to use and it shows the instructions right after you open its app about how to transfer movie to its folder and sync it :thumbs:

kulit_12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Convert your videos and Drag and sync it to itunes.... ..

OP
O

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, First kulit_12, I am trying to do this without using itunes, but understabd if I can't get it to work I will have to go the way you suggest. Thanks.

Regarding the other suggestions, I did download VLCRemFree, MediaPlayer and Oplayer Hd but still cannot get them to even 'see' the files which the Free Video Downloader Pro brought in.

I just cannot seem to find where any of the players are 'seen' by these flv files.

They are there in the file section of the downloader but when I click on any of them, I do not go to any player.

Any ideas please. It's driving me nuts... :)

Thanks

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ozstar said:
Hi, First kulit_12, I am trying to do this without using itunes, but understabd if I can't get it to work I will have to go the way you suggest. Thanks.

Regarding the other suggestions, I did download VLCRemFree, MediaPlayer and Oplayer Hd but still cannot get them to even 'see' the files which the Free Video Downloader Pro brought in.

I just cannot seem to find where any of the players are 'seen' by these flv files.

They are there in the file section of the downloader but when I click on any of them, I do not go to any player.

Any ideas please. It's driving me nuts... :)

Thanks

Is the app Free Video Downloader Pro by BSOSoft? Just want to make sure, as there are numerous similarly named apps in the App Store.

OP
O

ozstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. This Free Downloader is by Carnegie publishing but they do not mention it on their web site so there didn't appear to be any manual
or help available that I could see anyway.

Oz

Most reactions

Latest posts