What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to the open Windows/Mac/Linux... on my iPas2?

ayPed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
I saw a lot of opening the systems of Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Solaris and BSD. But I couldn't find an app to open these systems on ipad. Please help me find something like that. Thanks :)
And please edit topic name which I have mistakenly written iPas2

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But I watched in youtube and they could open Windows 95 :(

They probably used a virtual desktop service like OnLive or CloudOn, or they used a remote desktop solution like Splashtop. There is no way to load and run another OS directly on the iPad, not even in a virtual machine.

There has been at least one hack to put Linux on the iPad, but it was not usably functional. Just hackers having fun, proving that the impossible is not impossible, even if it is not practical.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
ayPed said:
But I watched in youtube and they could open Windows 95 :(

I think you're referring to the iDos app that emulate a DOS environment on the iPad. They eventually were able to install win3.1 and Win95 in it but it was just an experiment.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts