What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

going from pc to ipad in Linux

Georgia boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. Here's what I've gotten so far.Check the attachments. I show mounted, when I go to places I can see things and when using Rythembox I can move songs from my playlist to the iPod folder and it shows. Same with photos and F-Spot. But when I go to the apps on the iPad, guess what's not there. Ideas as to what's happening between what shows on my system and not actually going to the iPad? I have libimobiledevice1 installed on my system. What's with the iPod initialization one? How do I take care of that one? Am I missing something somewhere somehow? Got a brand new iPad for Dummies free from the contest also but all are for Windows and Mac. Nothing in there for Linux users. What I've gotten so far is from the almighty Google and the forum. Got a free years tech support from Dummies.com also but they don't do anything in Linux yet. Working on it but haven't gotten to where they can support Linux users. :(

Thanks in advance :D

GB

Attachments

• ipadmount4.png
    ipadmount4.png
    601.6 KB · Views: 255
  • ipodinitialize.png
    ipodinitialize.png
    887.2 KB · Views: 283
  • musicdraggedtopodcasts.png
    musicdraggedtopodcasts.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 290
  • photodraggedtophotos.png
    photodraggedtophotos.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 288
OP
G

Georgia boy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got Drop Box installed on both pc and iPad. So I should be able to transfer things that way right? But will be able to bring off from Drop box and put into files here on the iPad?

Most reactions