What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to switch account information from one iPad to another??

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased an iPad Mini 4 on eBay but the seller sent me an iPad Mini 3 and I did not know this until I was getting into the registration process. So I am returning the Mini 3 and have purchased another Mini 4 to replace it. I did a hard reset on the Mini 3 to clear everything before sending it back. So, now I would like to know what I will need to do as far as registering the next one when it arrives. I don't want to end up with two iPads registered to me if it is possible. Any assistance with this issue will be appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you used Erase All Content and Settings on the iPad Mini 3 before returning it, there will be nothing on the iPad other than what comes pre installed on the iPad when it was brand new.
If you set up the new iPad as a new iPad you will be guided through the process of setting it up, which includes entering your apple ID when required.
Here are the instructions from Apple for setting up a new iPad.
Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

OP
graywoulf

graywoulf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you used Erase All Content and Settings on the iPad Mini 3 before returning it, there will be nothing on the iPad other than what comes pre installed on the iPad when it was brand new.
If you set up the new iPad as a new iPad you will be guided through the process of setting it up, which includes entering your apple ID when required.
Here are the instructions from Apple for setting up a new iPad.
Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
I appreciate your reply and information. I looked at the link that you provided and it seems that it is leaning more towards moving existing content from one device to another. The iPad I was setting up was the first ever Apple product to be in my possession so I had no information or any data of any kind installed in any other device when I discovered that I had the wrong iPad. I had only gotten as far as registering my personal information and creating an Apple ID. I just do not know what to expect when I start the whole process over again with the next new iPad Mini 4. I hope that my personal information and registration will just simply be transferred to the new iPad Mini. I guess I will find out when the time comes. Thanks again

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you finished creating your Apple ID on the iPad Mini 3, all you will have to do to activate it on the iPad Mini 4 is to sign in with that ID and password when prompted during setup.

Most reactions

Latest posts