What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i remove old itune store email log in from a used purchased mini ?

wimbledon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased a used mini ipad and cant seem to remove the sellers EMAIL ID SO i may have my id for the Apple app store replacing the sellers ? Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased a used mini ipad and cant seem to remove the sellers EMAIL ID SO i may have my id for the Apple app store replacing the sellers ? Thank you
Is the iPad requesting the Apple ID and password of the original owner before you can restore the iPad? If so, this is known as iCloud Activation Lock and can only be removed by the original owner, either on the device itself or remotely through his iCloud account. Until he does that, you can't erase the iPad and set it up with your own Apple ID.

Are you able to contact the original owner to request that he do so?

OP
W

wimbledon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the iPad requesting the Apple ID and password of the original owner before you can restore the iPad? If so, this is known as iCloud Activation Lock and can only be removed by the original owner, either on the device itself or remotely through his iCloud account. Until he does that, you can't erase the iPad and set it up with your own Apple ID.

Are you able to contact the original owner to request that he do so?
No i cannot . Wow that sux! Thanks for this bit of sad info !

Most reactions