What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here planning to switch from iPad 3 or 2 to the Mini?

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 3 and thinking about selling and get the Mini. I think I like the smaller and lighter design (but planning to first look at it in the store). My biggest concern is the A5 chip that might cause performance issues and the fact it is not retina display...I usually use the iPad for surfing the internet, few magazines and few games (Fifa 2013, racing, etc.). I had an iPad 2 before I got the 3 and do not remember it was that different in terms of performance or display so maybe switching to the Mini is not a bad move...any thoughts? thanks!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The resolution of the mini is identical to the iPad 2 so it will definitely appear crisper, given its smaller size.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

pcdebb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm considering it. I want to get my hands on one first tho. I may just keep my maxi and add the mini. I watch movies a lot so I don't want to give up the screen size.

Sent from my iPad3 using iPF app

OP
L

liveinla14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why do you need both 4 and mini and how are you going to chose which one to use and for what?

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel allot and the Mini sounds good, at the office I will use the 4. I love my 2, but I really like the 4g and retina display. My brother is a minister and it will be well used at his church.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to a family reunion at Thanksgiving and I could really use a mini, but I can't justify the expense for a single event.

Sasha5113

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I could find out for sure whether the mini/Verizon will function as a hotspot, I'll add one to our stable of "devices."

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
why do you need both 4 and mini and how are you going to chose which one to use and for what?

in my case, it is not about need, but I do find the iPad 3 is rather heavy...hand gets fatigued after a while. I didn't this much month ago, but over time I do. Plus, I have another smaller tablet and have gotten spoiled by light weight tablets. Since I use my retina iPad for work, I'm going to split my apps up, work-related things on the iPad 3, entertainment type things (more so, not totally) on the mini. This will give me more free space, too. Depending on what kind of travel I'm doing will determine which tablet I take. Around town in the weekends, the mini. To work, the iPad 3. On business travel, iPad 3. On personal travel, probably both.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad mini will become my reader. I have about 90 books on my iPad3. Otherwise I have no intention of changing my use of my iPad3, ditto my wife and her iPad3

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sasha5113 said:
If I could find out for sure whether the mini/Verizon will function as a hotspot, I'll add one to our stable of "devices."

That is a good point regarding the Mini being a hotspot. I think Verizon and Sprint offer this ability. I searched Verizon's website. They are only talking about the new iPad. AT&T doesn't offer their iPads for hotspot ability. It would be cheaper to get the iPad Mini wifi + 4G to be a hotspot to my other iPads. Crazy times, I'm actually trying to talk myself into buying a Mini! LOL

Devynquinn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gmaines said:
I have an iPad 2, bought the iPad 4 and a mini. Will give my iPad 2 to my brother.

I did the same, except giving ipad 2 to sister.

loopingstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was considering getting the mini as I do find my ipad 3 a little heavy with extended use , but I decided to go for the new iPod touch 5 in the end . The screen , although only 4 inch , is a beautiful widescreen retina display and it weighs next to nothing - really featherlight when holding it . I picked up the 64 GB version for just £329 . To me it's like a mini ..... Erm......ipad mini :)

iPad 3 and iPod Touch 5 addict !

Martinbowden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went for ipad mini 64 gb really enjoying not touched ipad 3 since I got mini

loopingstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I said , I went for the iPod touch 5 instead ........... Until I went to the Apple store yesterday and actually played around with a mini - I ended up buying the 64GB - resistance is futile :)

Most reactions

Latest posts