What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to stop processes / apps since multitasking

Racer2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I find it generally great to have multitasking on the iPad since the update, however I noticed that now many processes or apps are due to the multitasking function always active and running which effects in my opinion the performance of the iPad negatively.

How can I stop / close apps or processes if I don't want to them to be active in the background?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Tom

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doubleclick on the home button, hold your finger down on one of the running apps and when you see the little '-' (minus) symbol touch it.

OP
R

Racer2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you very much for your help. This was perfect.

Regards,
Tom

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I was wondering that myself.

Ok, so we get this straight, all this does is delete the save of re last spot you were at in the app. Clicking the home button kills the app, and this will NOT kill a background process, if the app even has one, as most aren't allowed to.

This was apples "answer" to androids multitasking.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you! I was wondering that myself.

Ok, so we get this straight, all this does is delete the save of re last spot you were at in the app. Clicking the home button kills the app, and this will NOT kill a background process, if the app even has one, as most aren't allowed to.

This was apples "answer" to androids multitasking.

Clearing the app off the multitasking bar completely closes the app and all background processes.

Most reactions

Latest posts