What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to stop Notes from synching from my wife's iPhone to my iPad2?

gmfeld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I started using Notes, and see that all the notes my wife creates on her iPhone are showing up on my iPad. How can I get that to stop?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I gather you are sharing the same email account.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > tap your email account and turn off Note syncing. The notes folder in your shared email account will still have the notes in it, but the Notes app will not. Hold in mind that the notes you make will no longer be synced anywhere. Your only backup of them will be your iTunes backup, and I wouldn't rely on that for anything important.

If you have notes, they will disappear. To save them you can email them to yourself first.

If you have a second email account, it may also allow note syncing. In that case you could turn it on in that account.

Or better yet get an Evernote account. A much more versatile note taking setup. Your wife would probably like it too. Just get different accounts for it.

OP
G

gmfeld

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Though we don't share an email account (she has aol email and I have a me.com account), your instruction seems to work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
She has your account set up on her device, and is syncing notes with it. That's the only explanation, unless you have her account set up on your device. One of the two has to be.

Most reactions

Latest posts