What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to have note sync between ipad2 and iphone ? How?

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an iPhone 3GS and ipad2

How can I have old note in the iPhone and note in the ipad2 sync ?

In the iPhone note I have on top account and I can choose between all notes, iPhone and iCloud

How come I don't have this possible choices in the ipad2 note?

Where is it? Can I select on ipad2 what note to see? All, iPad or iCloud?

Thanks for helping

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you first set up note syncing on the iPad or iPhone, if you already have notes you would have been offered a chance to sync all the notes, or keep your local notes. It sounds like you kept them on the iPhone, and did not on the iPad.

The result is that you have local notes on the iPhone and also your iCloud synced notes. On the iPad all you have is the iCloud stuff. You won't see the Account button and note sections if you only have one account.

If you don't have a huge number of local notes on the iPhone, just copy&paste them to new notes in the iCloud section, and then delete the old note. They will soon show up on the iPad. Once all notes are copied, the local notes section is empty, and you are sure they are synced with iCloud (check the iPad to be sure), you can go into the iCloud settings and turn off Note syncing. Choose to delete them on the iPhone. Then turn them back on. The notes should sync back to the iPhone, and the local account will be gone.

At least that was the way it worked the one time I did this myself.

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thankssss a lot, it was just like you said and I fix it as you said, one more question, I have some notes in office word and excell documents that I want to transfer to the NOTE of idevice how can I easily do it? if copy and paste, how do I copy from word or excell ?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of any quick and easy way to do this. It will all come down to copy and paste.

I see two basic approaches. You can copy the documents to the iPad, then use a viewing or editing app to copy and paste to Notes, or you can copy what you want to an email on the compouter, mail it to yourself, then copy and paste to Notes from the Mail app.

Another option, the one I'd probably use (do use actually), is to get an Evernote account. With the Evernote app on the iPad, iPhone, and computer you can make your new notes on the computer and let them sync to the iPad. If you still want them in Notes for some reason you can copy and paste between Evernote and Notes. If you want to move your Notes notes to the Evernote you use the special Evernote email address (provided with the account) to mail them from Notes.

The only real downside to Evernote is that with the free account attachments, and sometimes notes that you haven't accessed in a while are stored on the sever; so you need and internet connection to get to them. And you've got a maximum note limitation. I've rarely found this to be a problem; but I don't make hundreds of notes a month and, and with my iPhone's hotspot I can almost always get on the internet if I want.

No reason you can't use both, of course. I do, though I mostly use notes as a kind of editable clipboard for text.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also take a look at the app iFiles ($1.99, USD). You can transfer, basically, any file type between iDevices with it, as long as they are on the same WiFi network. It's a universal app, and one purchase will allow you to put it on both the iPhone and the iPad. Which is a good thing, as the app has to be open on both devices for the transfer to work. But, it works well.

I've used it to send pictures, text files, Word doc, etc., between my iPhone and iPad while I sit all comfortable and lazy in the recliner. :D

But, yeah, Evernote is pretty good, too.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts