What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to remove Photos under Settings > iPad Storage?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I transferred ipad photos to mac using a USB drive , and I thought deleted from the ipad, but about 64gb of them remain. screenshot attached. Is there a way I can remove them?
thank you.

photos_to_delete.jpg

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Understood, but, when I went back into Photos just now, there were only two items - screen captures I took yesterday, and no hint or trace of anything else. No trash to empty…IOW, the photos I thought I deleted appear good and deleted from within Photos; however from the iPad’s point of view, a whole lotta sumpin is still in there, with no apparent means of deleting it.

BikeFlagAZ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Edit: looks like you already checked the “recently deleted” folder.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I also restarted the iPad per twerppoet’s advice, and that seemed to help. Now shows only 4GB being used, not 64GB, but Photos contains only 2 items: screen captures, which in no way occupy 4GB between them.

Does the iPad need to “think things over” so to speak before it can be sure of how much it contains?

Most reactions

Latest posts