What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add or remove photos to or from the iPad?

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found synchronizing too troublesome especially where there are heaps of photos in the iPad when I only want to add, remove, or move a few only.

With some iPad, like one of my relatives, I can move photos with Windows Explorer. With mine which is iPad1, I get two images, i.e. IMG_0001.PNG & IMG_0002.PNG on Computer\Apple iPad\Internal Storage\DCIM\860OKMZO. They look like the first screens when I turn on the iPad. I can't see all the photos I have stored in there.

Using the iFunbox, under the Camera I see the same. I remember I can see photos from the iPhone there.

Is there any easy way to move photos around without synching?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are some great apps, I use one called Transfer Photo App. Great for iOS to iOS devices, plus to and from PC or Mac. I also use it with it's Mac counterpart (same name). Super easy!

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. I am looking for ways and means to manipulate at the PC end, preferably drag and drop, copy and paste using Windows Explorer. Most of the time I am using a PC for computer work. I am only using the iPad for convenience where PC doesn't help.

I understand iPad can only have one level of folders which are called albums. When I have more than one level of folders, the photos in the sub-folders would be dragged out to the first level. So I find that when I move photos around and rename the folders, the synchronization could take as long as when the photos are moved across the first time. I really can't imagine the computing mechanism of the iPad won't allow efficient file renaming or folder renaming, and file moving.

OP
H

healer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's what I have been using so far, iTunes. It seems to take unreasonably long time when I rename some folders/albums or move some photos out of albums. It seems to delete and copy the whole lot again when I don't think it is unnecessary.

Most reactions