What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to prevent iOS updated

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
>>We didn't realize you were still talking about the older, rumored, iOS 9 and not the announced product....

OK. My error. Just a hopeful thought towards resolving the original poster's problem.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
>>We didn't realize you were still talking about the older, rumored, iOS 9 and not the announced product....

OK. My error. Just a hopeful thought towards resolving the original poster's problem.

Understood. Wasn't trying to pick on you. Just this terrible habit I have. :)

I wish I did have a solution for the OP. I think your post about the deployment manual was a good start. If it's possible, Apple's bound to have some support article about it in the education/business deployment documentation. Or so one hopes.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No problem; the knowledge and experience here is recognisable and admirable. (Btw, rumours, probing, NDAs, and the impossible have been the history of Apple - plus a few other things, but I digress.)

One downside is that if Apple do have a usable solution, it may not be affordanle to what may be a small enterprise

Who or where would the OP contact, in Apple, to enquire? (Not a local Apple Store, I think!) Perhaps that may privide a positive way forward...

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm wondering if something in Settings > General > Restrictions would be of any help to the OP. Would updates come from iTunes or App Store? If so, would a restriction setting disallow updates?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if something in Settings > General > Restrictions would be of any help to the OP. Would updates come from iTunes or App Store? If so, would a restriction setting disallow updates?
Not in this case. Unlike OSX updates on a Mac, iOS updates don't come through the App Store.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still thinking. A thought, after a look around the web....

If the users are going through one router, e.g in a school, etc. could one not block the app and update addresses in the router? Obviously this will not be of any benefit if the users access the net away from the router e.g. take the iPads home at night.

Most reactions

Latest posts