What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make Zillow app really go away?

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the Zillow app but didn't like it so I uninstalled (removed) it. But now when I try it use zillow.com via Safari it keeps switching to the App Store for me install the Zillow app. I don't want it and I don't want the system to keep trying to force me to install it.

How can I make the Zillow app really disappear from the iPad?

.. Larry

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You might try Settings, Safari, Clear History, and/or Clear cookies ad data. Be aware that if you rely on cookies and history in Safari for other sites they will be gone also

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It’s not that the Zillow app is on your iPad, it’s that the Zillow site can tell you are using an iPad, and is advertizing the Zillow app at you.

Unfortunatley some of these ads, either accidently or intentionally, will automaticaly redirect you to the App Store. Report this behavior to the Zillow site, and they should get on the case of their ad provider.

In the mean time, cleaning out Safari’s cookies and data is the first thing to try. If that does not work it may be necessaty to get more drastic. As Agent1191 says, this will also clean out data for other sites; however all this should do is make you log in again to sites that normally remember you. You could also choose to visit the problem site in Private mode, which should prevent any cookies, and hopefuly stop the ads form executing as well; though you’ll have to log into the site every time you visit. I’m not sure about that last, but it’s worth trying.

Good luck.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah Google does that to me on occasions to install the app and it gets annoying sometimes.

OP
larrymcg

larrymcg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Zillow site did not constantly switch me to the Apple App store to install the Zillow app until after I did install it and then uninstall it.
It seems that lots of links on Zillow.com first pop up a message from Safari that says Safari can not connect to the site because the URL is illegal but then it would go there just fine. After installing and uninstalling the Zillow app whenever the error message popup occurs I get thrown into the app store rather than going to the desired web page. But after I close the app store and get back to Safari I am at the desired web page. The error message pop-up was weird but not too obnoxious but now the error pop-up followed by the trip to the app store makes Zillow.com almost useless. Grrrrr.......

I guess I will have to try some of the suggestions given above.

Most reactions