What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to keep from loosing my Tagus Stylus for my iPad 2

DrLev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with the apple leather case (black). I just got the ap Noteshelf which requries me to use a stylus, as I will be using to take notes. I bought a Tagus Stylus which works very well, but I am afraid of loosing the stylus, as there is no simple place to keep it, except in my pocket, and I loose pens all of the time!
Can anyone suggest a clever way to keep the stylus with the Ipad with the current case that I use. Really appreciate your ideas.

There is a small hole in the top of the stylus, which may be a hint, as well as a classical pen pocket clip.

If you haven't looked at Noteshelf, take a look, it is five bucks but really looks great. I plan to use it to replace paper notes.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Duct tape?

Actually I'm about half serious. You can get it most colors these days, including black. Take small strip two or three times the width of the stylus and cover the sticky side of a bigger strip. Clip the stylus to the strips against the now non-sticky section of the sticky side and tape to the case so that it curves nicely, making a nice pocket that you can slip the stylus in and out of. If you leave enough slack you could probably put it on the outside of the folding edge of the case.

It would probably still look tacky against a nice leather case, and it will eventually work loose.

Black velcro could be engineered into a similar pen holder.

Since the stylus has a hole in it. you could probably make something with some 12 lb fishing line that wouldn't look too bad. Combine it with the pocket and you'd have a very secure, if not very esthetic, stylus restraint system.

Red Green would be proud of me. :)

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You should tell us more about your case. Is there room on the binding to clip the stylus? That how i do it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are styli that come with a string attached. At the end of that string is a plug that fits no the headphone jack. The stylus is always there because it's attached to the headphone jack. You might try fabricating something like that if you don't want to buy a new one that comes that way.

linsipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I'm thinking if I should do something with my stylus besides just carrying it with the ipad.
Is Red Green still on? 

dbeth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just connect the stylus to the "spine" of the iPad letting the iPad's magnet keep the Targus stylis attached.

Kind of discovered the magnetic attraction by chance, but it worked well enough for me (even with a Speck Smartshell back case and Smart Cover on).

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts