What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get PDF Document to Dropbox Without Computer

don26812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if the title effectively states what I need to do. Viewing a link that is to a PDF document from my iPad/iPhone via Safari, I want to ultimately have that document stored in my iPad so I can view it with Acrobat Reader.

But I do not want to use iTunes or another computer to make that happen. I have and use Dropbox rather than iCloud. But again I cannot get the document itself to Dropbox without using a computer.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Opening the PDF from the web? You should be able to use the "Open in" function to open it in Adobe reader on your iPad and it will then have a local copy.

OP
D

don26812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the prompt answer. My problem was that I was not seeing the Open With... in Safari. As I tapped around, it appeared, but only stays for a few seconds. But if I tap on it, I get the apps that can be used including Adobe Reader and Dropbox.

Agan, thanks so much.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You are welcome. I stumbled onto the Open With function one day and it comes in very handy for saving a file or moving it to another application.

Most reactions

Latest posts