What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Get NEW Multitasking Gestures In iOS 4.3 | iPad 1 & 2

Hammer09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure?

I am on 4.3.2 and they still work fine after the upgrade?

hane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
enable multitouch gestures on ipad 2 os 4.3.2

Can the procedure outlined for windows users still be used for os 4.3.2? I tried to do this using Ibackupbot software and could use the gestures, but could not open some of my apps. I don't have in my back up library the same file "Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist" outlined in the instructions located here:
Enable Multi-touch Gestures on iPad without jailbreaking

Russell578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For everyone who has successfully done this and are happy with it, would you please tell me exactly what you did? What version of xCode did you use? What firmware was your iPad at the time of tweak? When updating to latest software, did the multitouch gestures stay on your iPad? Should I worry about the backup issue or is this resolved? Thanks

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read the beginning of the thread. Back up bot from i copy bot is the program to use if you have windows. If you have a Mac use Xcode 4. Do not buy back up bot from I copy bot. There is a free download at cnet downloads. It is very easy to do. Some people have experienced problems when updating, I personally did but redid the steps and worked like magic. Just try it and you will love it. If you have any questions pm me.

Russell578

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have xcode 3.2.5 and my ipad software is 4.3.2. I just clicked on "Use for development" Now under the progress bar it says "selecting team" it has been doing this for like 5 minutes. Any thoughts?

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Russell578 said:
I already have xcode 3.2.5 and my ipad software is 4.3.2. I just clicked on "Use for development" Now under the progress bar it says "selecting team" it has been doing this for like 5 minutes. Any thoughts?

You have to hit cancel when asked for the username and password. After that it will give you the option.

Grither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Ibackup bots needs to be downloaded&installed onto Windows, then just follow these instructions:

when i follow these instructions i get an error with iBackupBot:

"This program requirst iTunes 8.0 or later! Please install iTunes first."

I have iTunes 10.2.1.1 on Windows 7 64-bit. Anyone have a solution?

(BTW it really is "requirst")

i'm having this problem too... any fix for it? also on win 7 64 and have reinstalled both itunes and ibackupbot....

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try running it as administrator or as xp compatibility.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Grither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion... tried both and same error! any other ideas?

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try disabling antivirus or any software firewall and try it again.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Grither

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, still no love! disabled comodo firewall and disabled avg...same error message!

so weird

might try installing itunes and ibackupbot on a separate machine....

Don9307

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hane said:
Can the procedure outlined for windows users still be used for os 4.3.2? I tried to do this using Ibackupbot software and could use the gestures, but could not open some of my apps. I don't have in my back up library the same file "Library/Preferences/com.apple.springboard.plist" outlined in the instructions located here:
Enable Multi-touch Gestures on iPad without jailbreaking

I'm running 4.3.2 and successfully enabled multi-touch gestures on my iPad2 using ibackupbot from a windows PC running Vista.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions