What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get Google Play Music app on iPad Air 1?

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the Google Play Music app is available for iPad. Even see some user complaint in the store about it not being optimized for the iPad. When I search for it in the App Store on my iPad it doesn't show up. Does it exist?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Google Play Music is an iPhone app. You can still download and use it on the iPad, but it will work exactly like it does on the iPhone, just blown up to the bigger screen (or small in the center of the screen).

To see and download it in the App Store on the iPad make sure you've changed "iPad Only" to "iPhone Only" at the top left, after you do the search.

There are some third party apps for the iPad that will 'probably' let you listen to Google's Music service. No idea how well the work.

OP
N

Novakingwai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh my gosh thank you so much. Why does that even exist?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The ability to run iPhone apps on the iPad is from when the iPad was new. It wasn't ideal, but it was far better than being limited to the much smaller number of iPad only apps we began with.

Apple has never seen a reason to take this away, thankfully. Sometimes it is the only way to get apps from developers that choose not to create universal or iPad specific versions.

Most reactions

Latest posts