What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to enable wireless sync with Windows iTunes

frankjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been posted before but because of the numerous reports of syncing wireless to windows itunes I mention it again

First when booting windows make sure itunes in not set to start automatically.

The windows file "Apple mobile devices" will load at boot.

After windows is fully booted start iTunes.

Having iTunes start automatically is the cause of wireless sync failure. This is because having iTunes start before the Apple mobile devices file loads in windows prevents iTunes from finding your iPad.

One other area to check is that see that the ports 3689 and 5353 are open in any firewall you use including the
wireless router you are using.

I do not make any claim for this solution but only a reminder of the cure.

The original cure for this problem was poster by user "Davemoore" last December

Hergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doesn't the computer you are synching wirelessly with have to be connected to the same network AND also connected wirelessly? My desktop is connected to the same network but via cat5 to my router. Unless I'm overlooking something, none of the documentation I've come across mentions this point. If I'm wrong, straighten me out.

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My PC is not connected wirelessly (only via Cat5 to wireless router), and syncing wirelessly with the iPad works fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts