What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete photos?

shedek135

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had the same trouble,I have a windows pc and found that by connecting my pad back to the pc and opening i tunes on the pc, the ticks were still on the picture files that I had downloaded. I then unticked the items and did a recync and all pics were removed from my I pad.

Hope this helps

shedek135

OP
G

GeorgieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't panic. The "problem" I reported really is not a problem. It's only my nooby-ness that created the thread.

pgscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on Ipad2, IOS 5 and I open the PHOTOS app.

There are then 4 tabs at the top, PHOTOS, PHOTOSTREAM ALBUMS and PLACES.

hen I look in ALBUMS, there is still a camera roll on mine. Any items in CAMERA ROLL are eligible to be deleted.

When I look at PHOTOS instead, any photos that were in the CAMERA ROLL album can be deleted, but NOT ones in other albums that were synched from your computer. Trash can only shows on the ones that are in Camera Roll.

I don't know if this is what is happening to you, or if you've encountered a different issue.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My theory... I think the issue is where people have photos which are synchronized in their Camera Roll from another original source. Your iPad will let you delete photos from the camera roll if it created them. But it won't if you synced them on there from iTunes... So for those ones, you will need to remove them using iTunes. Any new ones created by your iPad should be able to be deleted on the device...

pgscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there's actually a way to synch photos into camera roll, they are put there only when you take a picture or download a photo. So again, I agree, if it's synched, you can't delete on the device. If it's in camera roll because you took/saved it, it's eligible to be deleted.

(I know, I can manually get to the camera roll in explorer and delete/put stuff from it, but that's not the same as syncing)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there's actually a way to synch photos into camera roll, they are put there only when you take a picture or download a photo. So again, I agree, if it's synched, you can't delete on the device. If it's in camera roll because you took/saved it, it's eligible to be deleted.

(I know, I can manually get to the camera roll in explorer and delete/put stuff from it, but that's not the same as syncing)

Yes, I don't think you can synch photos to the Camera Roll, either.

A minor thing I noticed after updating my iPad 1 and 2 to iOS 5:

iPad 1 now has Saved Photos instead of Camera Roll, while iPad 2 still has Camera Roll. (I guess that's because iPad 1 never had a camera, lol.) But Saved Photos and Camera Roll still function the same, as far as I can tell.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps "restored from backup of a previous device or OS version" would have been more appropriate than my use of the word sync...

Most reactions

Latest posts