What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to delete history permanently? Please read!

Horselover24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! OK, I am new here and this is kind of a long story. I was on our new iPad a week ago and looked up something mistakenly that was later found by a parent and they are mad at me. I had cleared history by going to History and clearing it, but yet it was still found. I don't think they have Parental Controls on the iPad (It's the "new" iPad.) Interestingly, they didn't find something else (don't worry, it wasn't bad, it was just something they'd ask about) that was looked up. (unless they didn't say anything about it...I dunno.) Sorry I am being random. :eek:
Anyway, today I went to Settings and deleted History and Cookies and Data. Will that erase it? Also, are their any other precautions I can take? Someone on Yahoo said people can see your deleted History without even being on the iPad, but upon farther questioning, he didn't know much. We have another Mac computer and wi-fi and a router....
Sorry, I am not very technical! But please answer this if you have any suggestions! Thanks a million!
~Elizabeth

OP
H

Horselover24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked around a little on the iPad and I believe they found it under Website Data, which was deleted when I deleted Cookies and Data. It's gone permanently now, right?

Most reactions

Latest posts