What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Delete an ipad picture

UtahDon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you delete a picture on an ipad downloaded from a PC?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes when you sync, you can't delete within the app.

PokerMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you delete a picture on an ipad downloaded from a PC?

if jb then can poke around a bit but you can't really manually delete images off the ipad cuz they are stored in a different format.

The Ipad stores all gallery pictures in the ithmb file format. You should have a directory under /private/var/mobile/Media/ that has files with the .ithmb extension under other sub dirs.

If care to you can copy these files off the ipad and then find a program that can pull the pictures out of the ithmb file. One program is called File Juicer(Mac only). It will extract the contents of ithmb files if you want to see which ones contain which images.

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a couple of saved pictures I no longer need but so far have been unable to delete them as they don't show up in iTunes.
Suspect it would be easy to do if I was jail broken but with the update coming soon I guess I can wait.

Most reactions

Latest posts