What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to convert PDF to ePub for iPad iBooks

chojiter4552

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, it's a fantastic free tool, I am very regretted to look these information till now, because I have used another tool to convert PDF to page flip book which I can view book on my computer and iPad. The tool(3D Page Flip Standard) might be useful for e-book or e-magazine publishers, as the e-publications created by the tool can be easily published online, but for me, I just use it personally. Anyway, thanks for sharing, I will recommend my friends to use this great free tool.

Alexandrus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use this online converter kitpdf.com to convert from PDF to epub or mubi for iPas ebooks. There's no need to download, you just upload the files online and download the conversions.

Grivante

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good format to do the opposite, convert from iBooks to Kindle?

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought no need to convert pdf to be able to use in ibooks anymore i have my pdf magazines all inside ibooks and no trouble reading so far :ipad-case:

markom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, it's a fantastic free tool, I am very regretted to look these information till now, because I have used another tool to convert PDF to page flip book which I can view book on my computer and iPad. The tool(3D Page Flip Standard) might be useful for e-book or e-magazine publishers, as the e-publications created by the tool can be easily published online, but for me, I just use it personally. Anyway, thanks for sharing, I will recommend my friends to use this great free tool.

If you want to flip through your PDF or Cbz/Cbr comics on iPad with page curl animations there is no need to convert PDF or comics because there are already dozen of PDF readers with some kind of page curl animation, such as:

SideBooks support PDF,ZIP,CBZ,RAR and CBR format and it's free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sidebooks/id409777225?mt=8

Others:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ibooks/80110-curling-effect-ibooks-pdf-too.html

Last edited:

ankey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Bremen with that some PDF doesn't do well after converting.I still have PDF files that are hopeless for conversion. Members in this forum even tried to help me but still it can only be viewed only with the pc.

For some PDF doesn't do well after converting, you may try another way. Flip book is a new and creative way of eBook. So you may turn your ]PDF to flipbook, then upload to web. After, you could read it on iPad, no matter what time it is and where you are.

[Moderator edit: Removed link to developer web site and blog. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

drnhlau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help with conversion of ORB format to PDF. I have got some ebooks in ORB and just couldn't read it on my iPad , thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with conversion of ORB format to PDF. I have got some ebooks in ORB and just couldn't read it on my iPad , thank you

Unfortunately, books formatted in .orb can only be read by the ORB Reader program, which can only be read on a Microsoft computer. There is no app for the iPad nor is there a way to convert the format.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no app for the iPad nor is there a way to convert the format. Sorry. Marilyn
Looks like an attempt to create a new eBook format for some reason. Probably $$$ to be made. Supposedly: Change the .orb extension to the .zip then extract it. There will be files with the extension gau or whatever. Change them to .swf Supposedly you can use a tool named "Kurst SWF Renderer" to convert the .swf files to .png files. Then open and export the PNG to PDF. You then can combine the multiple PDF files into single PDF file. You wind up with a large clunky PDF file...... Use any OCR software to OCR the PDF file. The finished PDF file size would increase 5-10 times or more depending on the image content and content scale in .swf conversion.

OP
M

maccolar

iPF Noob
Reaction score

After I serached on google about ORB file, it seems it's flash file. Change the .orb extension to the .zip then extract it. There will be files with the extension gau or whatever. Change them to .swf I could find only these.

Most reactions