What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to convert PDF to ePub for iPad iBooks

maccolar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad was released a few days ago, as the biggest competitor for the kindle. iPad embeds a book reader named iBook, iBooks uses an ebook format called ePub. If you have many PDF files or some other format ebooks you want to put on iPad, there is a free converter called calibre can help. And this step by step tutorial will guide you through the process of converting PDF files to ePub for iPad with calibre.​

If you want to watch video on iPad, here is a step by step guide regarding how to rip DVD and convert video to iPad.​

Step1. Download and install calibre. The interface is very slightly different in each version. These tutorial images are captured on Mac, but Windows users should have no problem at all following along.​

Step2. Find the PDF file you want to convert. In this tutorial, we used ‘The Adventures of Tom Sawyer’ as example.​

Step3. The first time you run calibre it will take you through a quick setup. The first thing you’ll want to do is specify your ‘ebooks’ folder. This is the location you’ll save your .ePub files.​

Step4. After you set the ebooks folder, click continue Then select Apple from the Manufacturers list, and iPhone/iTouch + Stanza from the Devices list.​

install-calibre.jpg

Step5. Click ‘continue’, then you will see the main calibre interface. Click the Add books button in the top-left corner of the window to import your PDF file into calibre.​

import-pdf-into-calibre.jpg

Step6. Now click the small ‘arrow’ next to the Edit Meta information and select Download metadata and cover files. Calibre will now download additional information about your PDF/ebook – if it can find it. If it’s an eBook (as a .pdf), you may need to manually enter the book title and author name if it isn’t present when you load it into calibre initially.​

download-ebook-meta-information.jpg

Step7. After finish download the ebook meta information. Click the small arrow next to the Convert E-books button. From the list that will appear, select Convert individually. You will be prompted with a “summary” window prior to calibre making the final conversion. Click the OK button.​

Step8. After the conversion is finished, you can locate the folder on step3 where you save the ePub file. Then connect your iPad to your Mac or PC, and launch iTunes. From the iTunes menu select File -> Add to Library… to import the converted ePub file. The new .ePub file will now appear in the Books section of iTunes.​

add-ebooks-into-itunes.jpg

Step9. Select your iPad in iTunes and select the Books tab. After confirming your new .ePub book is listed, click the Sync button. That’s all. Then you can lunch iBooks on iPad and find the eBooks.​

Last edited:

maueze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow this is free cool tutorials thank for the info mate.. lovely

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
But, speaking as someone who has done this for years, the formatting can get tricky. Some PDF's do well, others not son much. It really is much easier to use Goodreader and just read the PDF's.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with Bremen with that some PDF doesn't do well after converting.I still have PDF files that are hopeless for conversion. Members in this forum even tried to help me but still it can only be viewed only with the pc.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I agree with Bremen with that some PDF doesn't do well after converting.I still have PDF files that are hopeless for conversion. Members in this forum even tried to help me but still it can only be viewed only with the pc.

Have you tried Goodreader?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Have you tried Goodreader?

Yep, even bought an app docs2go. It doesn't work . I posted a thread on this forum regarding the problem . I was using a different username at that time. I have to change as I can't access it anymore .entirely another problem that has yet to be resolve , :D

niuxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF to ePub Converter Free Download for iPhone/iPad/iPodTouch ...

To read favorate PDF files with iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPod Touch and other hot readers, how can we do? PDF to ePub Converter can help us make it.

As we know, Adobe Acrobat and Reader are not required when converting PDF to EPUB and the converted EPUB files will have all original file features preserved.

However, PDF to ePub Maker is such an excellent PDF to ePub Converter which can perfectly and quickly convert PDF format to ePub (.epub) for reading with iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, Kindle Wireless Reading Device, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, Android Phone, etc. All original file features like original text, layout, tables, images and more can be preserved in the output ePub eBooks.

In addition, this PDF to ePub Converter is very easy-to-use, just a few clicks, you can get the ePub format files and enjoy with your cool handy readers.

epub-pro.jpg

For more: PDF to ePub Converter - convert pdf to epub, pdf to epub maker

Download Code:

http://pdf-to-epub.xstudio.biz/download/pdf-to-epub-maker.exe

Tips: About ePut Format
iBooks use an ebook format called ePub, ePub is supported by iPhone, iPad, iPod, iPod Touch, PC, Mac, Android Phone and others. What's the ePub format?

The ePub format is a standard eBook format recommended by The International Digital Publishing Forum.

The ePub file may be divided into three categories: XHTML documents, packaging files and container files.

XHTML Documents. XHTML is a strict version of HTML. The stricter syntax enables web browsers or eBook viewers to render the document more easily. Packaging Files. They include two files: one with the .opf extension and another with the .ncx extension. Container Files. They must be placed in a folder named "META-INF". These files are used for encryption and digital rights management (DRM). For an eBook without DRM, the container file has only a few standard lines.

To read ePub eBooks you will need a digital reader. There are now many such readers available with the most popular being the Sony Reader, Apple iPhone, iPod, iPad, Kindle, etc..

iPad Manager for ePub (win+Mac) | iPhone Manager for ePub (win+mac) | Top Apple iPad App | PDF to Word/Text/Image Converter

koensmeets1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is really a nice post, that you have updated us with all of nice information that can be very useful for future aspect.

Most reactions

Latest posts