What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change where downloads go to?

Cricket1001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased online “100 Of My Best Workbooks” for excel. When I clicked on download or maybe it was open download, i got the usual lists of many of my apps but not excel in which to open the download file. How can I change what apps are viewed to open or save different files to? There are always many apps that I don’t want in the list and some that I would like to add. I don’t even know what that list would be called.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At the end of the app list in the share sheet, there should be an icon with three dots. Tap it to edit what apps show up in the list and rearrange their order.

If Excel is turned on, and still not showing as an option then the file/files may not be showing up as compatible.

If the file/files are zipped (compressed) you may need to decompress them before importing them into Excel. If you download the compressed file to the Files app, you can unzip it by tapping on it there, then move the files to OneDrive or the Excel app.

Kevin_Barnes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you downloaded a file that can be open from Excel it definitely shows up in that list. If it does not in that suggestion list it means if you are downloading a differently formatted file or you do not have excel installed in the device. But I guess it most probably can be the first one. So it is a differently formatted file. Most likely to be a Zip file or Rar. You have to download it and extract it to open it with the excel.

Most reactions

Latest posts