What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download and open excel file from website

Jainraje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone providesome tips and or guidance on how to Download and open an Excel file from a website? For example my bank website provides a link to download account transaction. I d like to clock the link and be given option to open in any of the several apps that support that format. Insstead the information (table) is shown in my browser.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Rj

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about an App like Downloads HD, it has a file manager but not sure how it handles files after they have been downloaded.

I just checked, it has an "open in..." function built in so you can get your downloaded files into, say, DropBox then open in an office compatible App.

The Archangel

Last edited:
OP
J

Jainraje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the response. I just downloaded iDownloads Plus HD....free with 4+ stars. Looks like it will work. Will post my results. Many thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts