What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Change Image Sizes?

LaneLester

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used Photoshop Elements to tweak some photos, and I was pleased with the results. However, I wanted to reduce the sizes of some images, and I couldn't figure out how to do that. Is it possible?

Lane

It depends what you mean by re-size. If you want to reduce the size of the file you can do this is something like Photogene. If, however, you want to reduce the physical size of an image, for example so that you can print it out smaller than A4 size, the only way I've found is to open the image in Pages, then you can rescale it to the size you want ( it gives you cms dimensions). A bit of a faff, but it works OK!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not wanting to print graphics, just reduce them to a size that's good for sharing, such as 800 x 600 pixels. I use Gimp on my desktop where that's a simple function. I suspect it is true of the desktop version of Photoshop Elements, but it's been a long time since I've used it.

I find it hard to believe this capability is not readily available.

Lane

I found a good app for resizing, SimpleResize. You have pixel control of the sizing. Regretfully, I have not found an app with cropping to specific pixel values like I have with GIMP.

Lane

Most reactions

Latest posts

Back