What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change broken screen of ipad2

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son just broke my ipad2 by dropping it. Is there anyway to fix it? How much? How long will it take?

image-23672926.jpg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the case is damaged as well, a replacement screen may not fit the existing case. If that's the case, and the case can't be straightened, it will have to be replaced as well. It may be better to have Apple repair it in that case.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would look at the tear down on http://www.ifixit.com/ and see if your up to it. I had an issue with my 1st gen iPad not syncing or charging, and all Apple wanted to do was sell me a refurb model at no discount.

I decided to just open it up, and just reseating the cable fixed my issue.

Just saying that these devices can be fixed by yourself, and not just Apple.

OP
Gracie1982

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much it's gonna be if I will let the apple fix the broken screen of my iPad 2?

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple won't fix it. All they will do is offer to sell you a refurbished unit. If you don't want to open it yourself, you will have to find a 3rd party company to perform the work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How much it's gonna be if I will let the apple fix the broken screen of my iPad 2?

Apple will charge about half the cost of the iPad as a repair fee. On the upside, you will receive a 90 day warranty on the repair or the remainder of the original warranty period, whichever is longer. If you go to this page and select your location, the various service options, including price will be displayed. http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=ipad

Last edited:

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just going by the story that the apple store gave to me. Buy a refurb or your on your own.

Most reactions