What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to backup IPad to Airstash?

OP
larrycruzen

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Larry. Check out the details in this link which should answer a number of questions re Airstash:
http://epictutorials.com/maxell-airstash-tutorial-and-review/
Regards, Andrew

Wow! Thanks, Andrew. The video tutorial provides a lot of good info & answered a couple of my questions. I saved it so I can refer to it often until it all sinks in.

Problem, though, is that it does not address backing up an entire IPad to Airstash so it could be restored if necessary.....as you can from iCloud.

Where I live there is no wi-fi or any broadband internet access for many miles. Consequently, our iPads & iPhones get backed up to iCloud infrequently.

I was hoping that Airstash would provide a suitable alternative.

Still hoping.....in case anyone has a suggestion.

Larry Cruzen

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't. The ability to back up and restore from a device like the AirStash would have to be built into iOS. There are only two backup options, iTunes on a computer and iCloud.

The best you can do with the AirStash is to copy files so they can be copied back if lost. If they choose to do so, AirStash should be able to use iOS 8's new extensions to enhance this ability, but true backups will still be impossible.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Larry - I'd agree w/ TP - I may have recommended the AirStash to you in the first place mainly as a 'backup' to your photos, but will not be an option to BU your entire iPad - as already indicated, you have just two choices. Sorry if my advice was misleading but never meant to imply that it would be a substitute for an iTunes backup (which I do w/ my iPads) or one done to iCloud. Dave :)

OP
larrycruzen

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, Twerppoet, I had about reached that conclusion. Not really a problem....I will use iTunes & one of my computers. I think iTunes has been significantly upgraded since I last used it a couple of years ago and took a disliking to it.

I'm still enthused about my Airstash.

Larry Cruzen

OP
larrycruzen

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You didn't mislead me, Dave. I just jumped to an erroneous conclusion because it offered storage with essentially unlimited capacity (with multiple SD cards).

I'm rapidly coming up to speed on it and very happy with it. Actually, I'm surprised that Airstash isn't better known amongst iPad & iPhone users. I had never heard of it until you referred me to it.

Larry Cruzen

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You didn't mislead me, Dave. I just jumped to an erroneous conclusion because it offered storage with essentially unlimited capacity (with multiple SD cards).

I'm rapidly coming up to speed on it and very happy with it. Actually, I'm surprised that Airstash isn't better known amongst iPad & iPhone users. I had never heard of it until you referred me to it.

Hi again Larry - glad that you are enjoying the AirStash - I've had mine a while but have not use it probably as much as you already - :) It's a cool gizmo (there's another called Apotop - we have a thread on the forum) - I'm doing most of my iPad backups to my MBPro, so have not use it much; BUT in your situation, I'm sure that backup to SD cards is a reassurance for you. Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts