What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add my iPad2 to MobileMe to enable syncing

macharlebois

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All!

I am happy to join your community of Apple owners. I have owned Apple products going back to 1984, when I bought the first MacIntosh produced (the grayish box).

I just received my new iPad2 and would like to keep it in sync with my iMAC and my Mac Book Pro (both are already in sync mode through MobileMe). How do I add the iPad to the list of devices being synced. I would also like to add my iPhone, which I have been syncing through iTune up to now.

Please advise.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, tap on Add Account and add your MobileMe account. In the App store get the iDisk and Gallery app, as well as the Find My iPhone app if you want it.

That's all you need to do on the iPad.

On one of your Macs, open System Preferences, MobileMe, and go to the Sync tab. Make sure everything you want to sync is set up to do so.

At that point, it should just work.

Note: You can not visit the me.com page on the iPad. Even if you fool it into going there with a third party browser the page will not work properly. Use the Calendar, Contacts, Mail, iDisk, and Gallery apps to get to most of your MobileMe stuff.

There are few things, like creating calendars, mail folders, and galleries that you can not do on the iPad. They have to be done on the Mac, or at me.com from a compatible browser.

OP
M

macharlebois

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no luck

Thank you twerppoet. I have done what you suggested. When I go to MobileMe on my iMac, neither my iphone nor my iPad appear in the list of computers to cync, I only see in that window my iMac and my PowerBook Pro. Any further suggestions? :confused:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They won't show up. That's ok, they are syncing with MobileMe, not the computer. The purpose of checking the MobileMe settings on the computer is to make sure its data is getting to MobileMe, so the iPad can find it.

Everything should be syncing now. Are you having problems?

Check how often you have the computer(s) set to sync. I usually use the Automatic setting.

Make sure that in you MobileMe account on the iPad that all the switches are turned on, at least for the stuff you want to sync.

With your iPad connected to iTunes, and selected, check the Info page and make sure none of the options are turned on. They should have some text in each options that says that you are syncing through MobileMe.

You have to have an internet connection on the iPad for the sync to occur.

Make sure the stuff you want to sync is actually getting to MobileMe by visiting me.com on your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts