What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How the new iPad Can Run for 9 Hours Even With LTE

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
new_iPad.JPG

One of the triumphs of the newly unveiled iPad is the fact that despite having a much faster, quad-core processor and a Retina display, Apple says that it will still deliver 10 straight hours of battery use on just one charge, and 9 straight hours even when the LTE radio is in constant use. How can this be, you might be wondering?! Well, according to PhoneArena, the answer lies in the fact that the new iPad has a 42.5Wh battery, which is almost twice the capacity of the iPad 2’s battery, which is 25Wh, and the reason for the new iPad being a tiny bit heavier than the iPad 2. Many people thought the fact that the new iPad was rumoured to be getting a battery with a higher capacity would mean that it would actually have an extended battery life beyond the 10 hours of the iPad 2, but given that the new iPad’s battery actually has a lot more to do, for once, maintaining the status quo as far as battery life is concerned is no bad thing.

Source: iPad 3 can run for 9 hours straight on LTE. Here's why

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It also has very sophisticated, chip level power management functions built in.

Mad_Maru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So tempted with the new device but I think I'll resist for now...

Sent from my  iPad® using Tapatalk HD

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMHO 10 hours is enough... I'm a heavy iPad user, fully charge up each night and very rarely need a top up during the day. No need for bigger battery for longer than 10 hrs... and happy to put up with slightly more thickness/weight for more capability.

mk4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i saw a report the other day that the new ipad battery is almost twice the capacity of ipad2. that's how apple maintained 9-10hrs of run time even with the quad density lcd, a5x cpu with quad-core gfx, supposed larger ram space and lte capability.

d1am0nds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How i like to have that upgraded battery on my ipad 2

Why cant apple do a less powerful Ipad with an upgraded battery that lasts for 20 hr

ghost54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
its a quad core a5x quad core graphics chip whith the same dual core proseser

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How i like to have that upgraded battery on my ipad 2

Why cant apple do a less powerful Ipad with an upgraded battery that lasts for 20 hr

They can add battery life, but few people want to cart around a 3-pound iPad. If you need more juice and don't mind added weight, then buy a case with extra battery built in. There are a good number of them on the market.

Most reactions

Latest posts