What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How pervasive are the iPad 3 WiFi problems?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is usually more of an issue in certain countries, but it can be hard to pin down. You are dealing with numerous companies, frequencies, and technologies.

Turttlepwer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a ipad3 16g wifi only and my inlaws iPad 2 has better reception in my apt than i do at times .My laptops have full bars while I only have 2 or1 I'm about to buy a repeater . I get free wifi from from my building so . It's not like I can move the router closer .i don't know what to do other than try a repeater .... Pm me if anyone has any fixes...

Last edited:

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did have an issue with slow/sporadic connectivity. Went to an Apple store, walked out with a replacement and have had absolutely no problems since.

syy89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad white 64GB wifi only. No wifi problems whatsoever.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine never works when there are no available hot spots...drat! Other than that I can't complain. It holds it's connection fine.

FXRS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad3 64G wifi only is the first owned in our family so can't compare to prior models but I'm quite impressed with the speed of the wifi connection home (& away on an AT&t wifi hotspot). No issues here, things sure seem to load as fast or better than my up to date pc on the same circuits.

Of course, as a new owner am easily impressed with this whole iPad thing since I can still have flashbacks of lugging punchcards around campus....uphill, in a snowstorm, both ways.....

jfor26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black 16gb wifi only with zero issues whatsoever

OP
C

Curt Monash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everybody!! I went ahead and ordered what will be my first iPad, although my wife has had one for a couple of years. 64 GB/Black/Verizon.
Of course, as a new owner am easily impressed with this whole iPad thing since I can still have flashbacks of lugging punchcards around campus....uphill, in a snowstorm, both ways.....
LOL. At least my punchcard days were in sunny Southern California, so I never was much worried about them getting rained on.

OP
C

Curt Monash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My new iPad 3 arrived today (64 GB, Verizon, black). Its WiFi strength seems to be a fraction of a bar below what I get on my iPhone (3GS). That is, sometimes there's a 1 bar difference between the two in the same location, but more commonly there isn't.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noel1 said:
Must be just the uk ones then !

Well this uk one is fine. 64gb wifi works just as well as old iPad 2 at home and whilst out and about connected to my voda mifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts