What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how often do you see another iPad owner?

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know three people at my work (software company) who have an iPad. I have never seen anybody else with one.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i've seen one in church.

Wow...in church...that's funny

Yeah, i think just to show it off. i never saw the guy opening it to read Bible passages. :D

I have a great scripture app I use at Church. It has lots of study reference materials included, too. Somehow my iPad seems larger at church, tho--I think I'm more self-conscious with it than my iPhone, which I used to use for the same purpose (as do many people I see at my church).

OP
I

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually got called out once. I had forgotten my Bible at home so I was using my iPhone to follow along with the Scriptures. The pastor told me to stop texting and to pay attention. I showed him the phone with the Scripture and... :p

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually got called out once. I had forgotten my Bible at home so I was using my iPhone to follow along with the Scriptures. The pastor told me to stop texting and to pay attention. I showed him the phone with the Scripture and... :p

That's why I dont take out my ipad in church, eventhough i have the bible app. I dont like people thinking Im showing off and two, I dont want the pastor to think Im disrespectful .:p

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Four of my friends have them so I see them quite often. Outside of my neighborhood though I haven't seen any others. People ask me about it all the time at work. I swear I have talked so many people into getting one! It is such an awesome device!

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow...in church...that's funny

Yeah, i think just to show it off. i never saw the guy opening it to read Bible passages. :D

I have a great scripture app I use at Church. It has lots of study reference materials included, too. Somehow my iPad seems larger at church, tho--I think I'm more self-conscious with it than my iPhone, which I used to use for the same purpose (as do many people I see at my church).

I use my iPad in church every week. I turn the brightness way down so that it doesn't distract others.

I have several Bible apps with several versions of the Bible. It's great for Bible study because you can change versions and compare one version of text to another. I usually turn the brightness way down so that it doesn't distract other people.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I have seen a ton of them in airports. I was flying through Chicago last week and I bet I saw a dozen or so. Including one that was left in a seat pocket.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was talking to a guy in my local coffee place (..an independent, not a horrible chain..;)) who has one, chatting about apps.. That's the limit of seeing another iPad. I feel less silly pulling my ipad out than i would a laptop though.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i've seen one in church.

My friends know I have one. And now four different people have told me that their pastor is using it to preach from (as his notes). Four different churches in three different cities.

That's great, i sometimes teach at Sunday school maybe some developers out there could come out with bible stories as interesting as the way they made "Alice in Wonderland". That would grab children's attention :D:D:p

BL41R GRYLLS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Used to work in a hotel and now work in a restaurant and I have seen quite a few customers with them but out of work I don't think I have seen one

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are at least 10 people where I work that have them and when going to
the break room they will usually have them there. But I also have neighbors
that have purchased them since I got mine. Oh.. and my wife had to have
one too... :)

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I use my iPad in church every week. I turn the brightness way down so that it doesn't distract others.

I have several Bible apps with several versions of the Bible. It's great for Bible study because you can change versions and compare one version of text to another. I usually turn the brightness way down so that it doesn't distract other people.
I do the same. And if the sermon gets long and boring, you can surf the web. :)

Just kidding.

not really.

The only iPad's I've seen are coworkers that have them. I have only seen one person with one out and about. Several people at work bought them, but they only use them at home. A couple of people have told me they dont use them at all any more.

Most reactions

Latest posts