What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much does the apple case protect it

Benm1020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have the case i am just wondering if it fell on the ground from my desk with the case on would the screen crack or would it be alright like does it give alot of protection or a little

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue with the apple case is not it only hard to keep clean, it has no closing mechanism like band, magnetic etc thus the screen remain exposed in case of fall.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really rate it as one of ours has had several drops onto hardwood flooring and the apple case has done it's job.
It's not the most attractive, but the raised lip around the edge is a great shock absorber.
Cleaning is just a quick wipe with a damp cloth, though I use baby wipes since theres loads in the house......

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a lil cheaper than the apple case, I went with a targus one from bestbuy, the inside is padded, it has a few levels for typing or watching movies, and it has a latch to keep it closed when not in use.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The issue with the apple case is not it only hard to keep clean, it has no closing mechanism like band, magnetic etc thus the screen remain exposed in case of fall.

I wonder how hard it would be to add a couple of magnets or a bit of velcro to the case???

OP
B

Benm1020

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have the case guys i am just wondering what would happen if i acidently droped it . Thanks hasty

Rakuen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As Roxas stated it's all going to matter on how it's dropped, what angle, etc. etc. I have the case, the raised edges/lips on the sides really will give it some bounce, but that doesn't mean it's going to protect it. It's all situational.

Best thing to do is avoid dropping it, buy a sturdier case if you're that worried about it. No-one here can make any promises that it won't break the screen or do some damage.

Most reactions

Latest posts