What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many ipads in Space?

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hear two ipad2's are present on the international space station. In what capacity is anyone's guess. I imagine there is some very useful operations related function but it has to be supplying some stress relief also. In other words, fun.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Slim,

Unfortunately your question does not belong here in the Poll Section. I am going to move it to General Discussions.

Thanks.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is more amazing is that they were for the Russian cosmonauts. You would think that the United States could afford a couple for their people. FYI, they are used just as we do, some work, some play.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What is more amazing is that they were for the Russian cosmonauts. You would think that the United States could afford a couple for their people. FYI, they are used just as we do, some work, some play.

Seadog-that's is interesting that our own did not use and that the Russian cosmos did. I wonder why on that.

OP
Slimseven

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:

Wright lol. I failed to remember that. Lol. Actually that speaks to the device's popularity and demand. Gotta love it though.
As far as why Cosmonauts have two up there and us Yankees do not ? I figure they were offered to them and maybe even bribed by Apple to introduce them up there for the very reason of publicity. I also feel American astronauts passed on them or left them tucked away in a bag somewhere just because the Russians exhibited them .
They are for fun if anything. NASA can build a tablet related to checklists and operations or what have you. Much like the relative ,little handhelds that UPS uses to run and organize mission related tasks.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ground control can provide the ISS with an Internet connection,if needed.In fact,they have had a live internet connection since January 22nd,2010.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They do not have ipads for the simple reason that our system does not allow the flexibility to purchase or accept technology without a bunch of documentation. And I bet nothing goes there without going through five years of testing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could an astronaut take one up as part of his personal possessions allowance?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if NASA made a special effort to get them a couple. At least now, they can claim iPads are space proven.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts