What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Homescreens Do You Use?

How many homescreens do you use?

Votes: 2 10.0%

Votes: 5 25.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 1 5.0%

Votes: 3 15.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-11

• Total voters

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings iPadians,

I would like to know how many homescreens (icon pages) you use on your iPad (not including the search page). Out of the box, the iPad has one, but the maximum is 11. I use 8 because I have a lot of apps and don't use folders because I like to be able to see all my apps without clicking through folder pages.

Please click the option in the poll that corresponds to your response.

Regards.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad 2 and 3 both have 3 homescreens. I use folders to manage my apps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just 4. I thought I had more. I sometimes do, depending, but I have a tendency to (occasionally) clean house by deleting apps and creating folders where it seems appropriate.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My two iPads, iPhone and iPod touch each have two screens of icons.

Page 1 is what I use nearly every day. Page 2 is all folders, organized by function.

Anything I don't use regularly, I delete.

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
2 home screen pages... I have 18 folders.

Sent from my Black iPad Mini 16GB using iPF

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use 7 but keep an average of 8 folders on 6 Home screens.

I keep the first blank when I'm just accessing the folders in my dock.

My folders and Home screens are arranged based on frequency of use and what folders have on common, e.g., folders with tips and manuals about iPads and those about iOS accessories and peripherals are on different Home screens, and one screen is the equivalent of a "chaos drawer” with miscellaneous Home screen icons and apps.

Folders with info and resources related to my field take up a 2 or 3 screens, and I keep those on my second and third screens, while folders with personal items, e.g., games, are on the very last Home screen.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have 4. I have 12 folders and Newsstand and like to keep to just one row at top in landscape.

I couldn't find a link to the poll to let me select one of the options. (I do ride in a van to work and wear a hard hat, must be the short bus syndrome)

Edit: er... ok, I did figure it out, seems I only had to learn how to read first

Last edited:

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3 home screens. The first is reorganised along with the bar to contain the most frequently used apps on daily basis. No 2. For apps used less frequently and number 3 are folders organised by functionality.

Wingennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two: the main screen for apps I use often and another for folders.

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use 8 as well and I also use folders. The folders group similar things; eg; music/radio, text apps, ham radio apps, etc. The text apps are different apps I'm evaluating to see which one works best for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts