What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Apple Products Do You Own?

How many Apple products do you own or use?

• Just the iPad, no others

Votes: 137 12.7%
  • iPad +1 other

Votes: 191 17.7%
  • iPad +2 others

Votes: 221 20.5%
  • iPad +3 or more other Apple products

Votes: 530 49.1%

• Total voters

iCloud9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first Apple device was the huge white iPod. Can't remember the size. I think it was close to 60GB. I paid almost $600 back in the day. I would still be using it if it weren't for the wheel breaking on me.

Bought a iTouch 64GB over 3 years ago and love it! Use it mainly for music.

I just bought a Generation 4 128GB iPad. It's beyond words how amazing this thing is!! I should have bought it sooner. :ipad-front: Just downloaded iOS7 the two days ago and had the Invisible Shield protector put on yesterday.

I took a floater day so I am going to fiddle around with my new toy.

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, my thread has lived on. We're now Apple free at my house. Surface RT came out and I jumped ship. I was very happy for the iPad when it came out. It filled a need no one else could at the time. I do miss a few apps, but overall I needed Office, better printing and better ability to browse network shares at work. The iPad has really evolved nicely though. Thanks for the good times and all the help iPad Forums!

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, my thread has lived on. We're now Apple free at my house. Surface RT came out and I jumped ship. I was very happy for the iPad when it came out. It filled a need no one else could at the time. I do miss a few apps, but overall I needed Office, better printing and better ability to browse network shares at work. The iPad has really evolved nicely though. Thanks for the good times and all the help iPad Forums!

What's different about the surface from iPad ?

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF

OP
P

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What's different about the surface from iPad ?

Sent from my Black 64GB Fifth Generation iPod touch using iPF
I don't want to get too much into it. This I an iPad forum and I want to respect that people didn't come here to talk about Surface tablets. Briefly, it just depends on what you want from a tablet. I'm a fairly heavy Office user. Office-compatible doesn't work. The fact that its more of a desktop-class OS is what I like. Its Windows - just like my desktop. I can work on a doc at work, open Word on my tablet and its there in my recent files to continue. Printers are auto detected and installed into the OS and available with full printing options to apps. File explorer is the Windows File exporer - I can browse network shares just like at work and access them in all apps because its an OS level file explorer and not an app. I can have multiple user accounts - my kids logins get all the Family Safety restrictions applied to game ratings, web content and usage hours. I get a weekly report of the kid' activities. My favorite is probably the ability to have multiple apps open at once. Click a link in your email and the browser opens beside you email app and both stay open. The same for twitter, One Note, or any other apps.

On the negative the processor is slower than recent iPads in the original RT. Performance is not quite as snappy - mostly seen when launching apps. Once you are in the app, everything is smooth. This should be dramatically improved in the Surface 2 coming out now. Obviously the apps are slow coming - this is the biggest weakness. If you like having the latest games and such, this is not the platform for you. Hopefully this will continue to improve. It reminds me of when I first bought the iPad 1 and there were only a few full tablet apps. It helps that you get a desktop browser with Flash and such, but apps would be better.

OK, I failed at being brief - thanks for indulging me...

Black_Creek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My equipment:

iMac 27"
MacBook 13" (unibody)
Time Capsule
Apple TV 2
Apple TV 3
iPhone 5
iPad 3

I call myself not as a fanboy, i really like the interaction of ALL devices.
Okay, i hate Android... Happy? :)

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 3
iPhone 5S
ATV 2
ATV 3 (x 2)

I don't hate Android but I plan to get a Mini w/Retina to replace my Nexus 7. I might even get the thin Sony Windows Tablet instead of the iPad 5 if the Mini screen size bothers me.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Up to four devices now, moving to five in January (adding a 5S) and six (adding the new A7 in the iPad Air) in March. Right now it is two phones, an iPad 3rd gen and an Apple TV. may add an Airport Extreme between now and January too.

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We've slimmed down by a couple of devices , the iPod touchs have been sold mainly because the kids look after and use the ipad more , weird but hey . My ipad 3 64gb is adequate at the moment and has plenty of capabilities for me , paired with my 5s gold 64gb.

My partner has iPhone 4 16gb & ipad 1 16gb which she says suits her , but I would like to get her an air or mini for Xmas and we can pass the 1st gen down to the kids making a great present .

I'd love an air 128 though

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Almost forgot , we have Atv 3 too , very handy .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

iBryant

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and iPad mini. I wasn't into apple products until about 3 years ago. I was a dedicated blackberry user for a long time then after getting an iPod touch, I fell in love. I eventually got rid of it and bought the iPhone 4, which I've had for 3 years. I then bought a used iPad 1 and loved it, but wanted to finally upgrade and bought the mini (which I'm using to type this), and REALLY love it. My gf isn't a fan of iOS 7, but I love it.

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone and iPad mini. I wasn't into apple products until about 3 years ago. I was a dedicated blackberry user for a long time then after getting an iPod touch, I fell in love. I eventually got rid of it and bought the iPhone 4, which I've had for 3 years. I then bought a used iPad 1 and loved it, but wanted to finally upgrade and bought the mini (which I'm using to type this), and REALLY love it. My gf isn't a fan of iOS 7, but I love it.

Yes I moved to Apple about 3 or 4 years ago and loved the quality of the products. I also really like iOS 7 and can't see what all the fuss is about and people not liking it. My wife still has an iPhone 3Gs and that can't be upgraded, so still has iOS 6 on it. When using her phone, I so much prefer my iPhone 4s with the new iOS.

marcandsebe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's now iPhones 3Gs 32gb, 4 64gb and 4s 64gb, iPad 2 64gb wifi and 3G, MacBook Pro 500gg SSD, iPad mini's 16gb wifi and 64gb wifi and 4G, 2 iPod 6th gen 16gb and 1 iPod 3rd gen 8gb. All still going strong.

seebee62

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently my Apples devices are.

iPhone 5s 64gig
iPad 2 64gig
Apple TV 3
Mid 2007 iMac
Apple 20" Cinema Display
Original iPhone
Magic Track Pad
Magic Mouse