What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long will it take?

rominekarte

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion it depends on whether it runs Mac OS mobile or iPhone OS but upgraded, I personally upgraded my iPhone 3g for my amazing droid and it took very little time for them to be hack, but Mac OS seems to be a little harder to hack.
iPhone=bad Droid=Uber!

Hi..
You have go with jsford idea and its been really good one..

Guillaume

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we'll see a jailbreak not too long after the iPad's release (maybe 2-3 months, give or take a couple of weeks).

The new processors might make things a bit harder, but it won't be the main reason- as we're talking about removing "locks" in the OS, which is significantly easier (doesn't mean effortless though :p) than executing entirely custom code.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It didn't lake long for the original iPhone to get jail broken, how long will it take before the iPad gets cracked?

No one has Jail-broke current version... And this has been several months. Also I understand Apple slammed the current brainier Jail breakers with some real nasty threats and stating if they continue they are toast. Those folks are getting the message and backing away.. One of the most popular jail breaker is now a code writer with Apple to fend of jail breaking....I personally don't think anyone will see a jail broken iPad.. I might be wrong.. but I feel pretty strong that i'm right.

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think all of these jail breaking groups will be working hard to have the title as the first to crack the iPad. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see something released tomorrow!

3p1cCha0s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that they will wait until the iPad 3g is out for a day or two. That way everyone can pwn theirs at the same time. I'm thinking it will be last week April NLT 5 May.

Most reactions

Latest posts