What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long to go from os6 to os 8.1

Gary777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife could not get some apps to work, OI told her she needed to update her OS. Well she dragged her feet and a hour or so ago decided to go from OS-6 to OS-8.1
The progression bar went smoothly for awhile, but now after an hour it looks like it has stopped, it look to be 90% done according to the progress bar, but the bar has not moved in a half hour.

Is this normal
iPad-3 64gb

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Depending on your internet connection, it can be that slow. There is also a long period when the download is verifying that the iPad appears to be doing nothing.

Give it a couple hours, at least. Better to wait and see than interrupt the process if it's still working.

Though, looking at the timestamp on your post, I suspect it's already completed, or you've pulled the plug by now.

I hope it went well.

OP
Gary777

Gary777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depending on your internet connection, it can be that slow. There is also a long period when the download is verifying that the iPad appears to be doing nothing.

Give it a couple hours, at least. Better to wait and see than interrupt the process if it's still working.

Though, looking at the timestamp on your post, I suspect it's already completed, or you've pulled the plug by now.

I hope it went well.
ipad froze with about 10% left. I did a hard shut down and turned it back on, it took about 2 min and I was done.

Most reactions

Latest posts