What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long does it take to download a movie for an ipad1?

hannahbanana39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Am watching a rented movie ( from the itunes store)movie and it only works until a certain point, I figured out that it still had to download from the Itunes store but I started watching it already and I have only 1 day to watch it. Please help! :)

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Hannah, i rent lots of movies and I think on average it takes me 2-3 hours to download a movie. I don't usually have trouble with starting to watch it straight away. Try turning off/pausing other things that may be downloading. If you go to the iTunes store, and click on the Downloads tab, you'll see the progress... And this is where you can pause downloads. Hope this helps.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
download time all depends on the speed of your internet.

I would not even attempt renting movies on dial-up(yes people still use dial-up). But the download time all depends on how fast of an internet connection you have.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good advice from Mike.

You may want to install the App Speedtest X as this will tell you the download speed wherever you are.

The Archangel

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
This is where your internet speed is noticeable.

Having faster internet may not be very noticeable just browsing the web. However when doing things like streaming content or downloading large video files having a faster internet connection makes all the difference in the world.

OP
hannahbanana39

hannahbanana39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChristianaR said:
Hi Hannah, i rent lots of movies and I think on average it takes me 2-3 hours to download a movie. I don't usually have trouble with starting to watch it straight away. Try turning off/pausing other things that may be downloading. If you go to the iTunes store, and click on the Downloads tab, you'll see the progress... And this is where you can pause downloads. Hope this helps.

Hi Christiana, so most movies are 4.99 is there any cheaper ways to get movies?
Hannah x

OP
hannahbanana39

hannahbanana39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Could always use a service like Netflix or hulu plus. Other than thay, you can load movies from your computer onto your ipad.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thanks, but you see I'm only 13 and I do t have a lot of money.. :( is there any free ways? Or cheaper ways?
Hannah

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heya Hannah. I've only gone through iTunes, and yeah, that's about the cost. I dont know any other sources that are available in my country. Sorry!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hannahbanana39 said:
Thanks, but you see I'm only 13 and I do t have a lot of money.. :( is there any free ways? Or cheaper ways?
Hannah

There are apps like Crackle and FilmOn which have free stuff and are completely legitimate.....try them out.

Also, for cheaper iTunes normally runs promotions like cheap rentals, it's worth having a look.

The Archangel

OP
hannahbanana39

hannahbanana39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChristianaR said:
Heya Hannah. I've only gone through iTunes, and yeah, that's about the cost. I dont know any other sources that are available in my country. Sorry!

Okay! Thanks anyway! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts