What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Long Do I Have?

davyvfr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am slightly upset at Apple for not supporting iPad 1. I have an iPad 3 but I know sooner or later I will be in the same boat as everyone with an iPad 1. What if I never had DailyMotion on my iPad 1, could I download it? No, because it doesn't run on iOS 5. We should be able to download previous versions.

Also, eventually, your iPad will only be able to surf the Web. All apps will be updated to iOS 6 and above sometime.

Lets say you have Pages on your iPad 1. But Apple updates it to iOS 6, you can still run it on your iPad 1. However, should you connect your iPad to your Mac, sync, and accidentally update all apps to the latest version you would be screwed (Unable to go to the previous version)

I would say you have 10 years or more for Web surfing on iPad 1 if you dont mind it crashing frequently. If you use it for the apps, maybe 1-2 more years max. If you get 4 years out of the device with most apps available on the app store, consider yourself lucky.

Last edited:

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have 2 1st generation iPads, and I'm glad it does not have iOS 6, as it would be pretty much unusable as the single core chip/256mb RAM just can't handle the iOS or some of the newer apps. It's now officially a 3yr old device, and my kids enjoy playing on them, it just does not multitask well.

Most reactions

Latest posts