What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long can you use your iPad for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, the whole point of a tablet is not being tethered.

That's what I thought. Who wants to be plugged in all the time just to save maybe a few charging cycles?

Everyone has their opinion thanks for sharing yours. And besides sometimes it's more convenient for me to be plugged in anyways, I don't mind it much. But I completely understand what your saying. Lol

iBenji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually use mine for about 4 hours a day all together. I use it primarilly for web surfing.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to worry about charging mine so much and killing the battery, but apple says that even after the charge cycles it will still hold about %80 of its charge, so hell that works for me lol I say use it all you want and charge when you need to =)

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to worry about charging mine so much and killing the battery, but apple says that even after the charge cycles it will still hold about %80 of its charge, so hell that works for me lol I say use it all you want and charge when you need to =)

Hmmm.. Interesting... If apple says the battery will still hold about 80% of it's charge after the cycles are done, I wonder why they would offer replacement batteries. Because 80% is a lot of battery power. Just sayin lol right?

Last edited:

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably some people will complain about that few hours of battery use they will lose, me Id just plug it in when I could. Also eventually all batteries will begin to not hold a charge more and more, Either way it is at least going to last a few years before that happens anyway.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't ever see anyone mention that whilst using their iPad in the home you could have it plugged into the mains thus not depleting your battery at all.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

"Whilst?" "Mains?" I didn't even have to look from where you hailed. :D

As for the OP's question, a good precaution would be to fashion an aluminum foil hat.

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't ever see anyone mention that whilst using their ipad in the home you could have it plugged into the mains thus not depleting your battery at all.

Sent from wales, using my ipad & ipf.

"whilst?" "mains?" i didn't even have to look from where you hailed. :d

as for the op's question, a good precaution would be to fashion an aluminum foil hat.

lol

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably some people will complain about that few hours of battery use they will lose, me Id just plug it in when I could. Also eventually all batteries will begin to not hold a charge more and more, Either way it is at least going to last a few years before that happens anyway.

My iPad is about 5 months old, on average (given my situation with all the extensive use) how long do you think the battery will last till I reach that 80% mark?? 1 years 2 years...

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My iPad is about 5 months old, on average (given my situation with all the extensive use) how long do you think the battery will last till I reach that 80% mark?? 1 years 2 years...

Pretty sure apple says 1000 charge/discharge cycles, so I would say more then then a few years =)

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any by then the device is obsolete.

That's just the thing i plan to keep mine as long as possible though, even if it does get old. That would actually bring me to my next point, so we paid like 6 to 7 hundred dollar for a device that is only going to last a few years? That kind of sucks. If I paid so much I would want the device to last much longer right? I'm starting to think I should have just gotten a Mac book pro or another kind of apple lap top instead of the iPad because it probably would lasted much longer and I could do much much more on it. And I do understand it's the whole experience kind of deal with the iPad but come on, i'm staring to realize that it's just an oversize iPod touch or an iPhone. I think most people would agree with me on that. The battery only lasts a few years what kind of rubbish is that?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I felt the same way, it pretty much is an oversized ipod touch,but thr battery should last many years, I really dont think you will have to worry about replacing the battery before 4-5 years, if not 5-6. And even then, they will replace the battery for $100 so it is not too bad, but I can see where you are coming from.

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't ever see anyone mention that whilst using their iPad in the home you could have it plugged into the mains thus not depleting your battery at all.

Sent from Wales, using my iPad & iPF.

"Whilst?" "Mains?" I didn't even have to look from where you hailed. :D

As for the OP's question, a good precaution would be to fashion an aluminum foil hat.

Whats wrong with my English then:confused:

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fuzzyfelts said:
Whats wrong with my English then:confused:

Nothing wrong with your English. Maybe you are being gently teased because it's not American English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts