What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is Gmail or AOL on Ipad?

Smudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering getting the Ipad 2. I use Gmail and AOL for my primary email accounts. How do these email clients work on the ipad? Do I need to download an app or just access these accounts via the web? How does Gmail and/or AOL work with the ipad? And, almost more importantly, how does the calendar display for Gmail on the ipad??? Thanks

Last edited:

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can only speak for Gmail. It works fine - there are a couple of different ways to access Gmail, but they all work fine for me.

manitou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering getting the Ipad 2. I use Gmail and AOL for my primary email accounts. How do these email clients work on the ipad? Do I need to download an app or just access these accounts via the web? How does Gmail and/or AOL work with the ipad? And, almost more importantly, how does the calendar display for Gmail on the ipad??? Thanks
You will actually utilize your gmail via the "Mail" app on the iPad. You will not need to use a browser to access your mail. Go to the "Settings" on your iPad to set up your Gmail account. Relatively painless.

Don't know about the Gmail calendar as I sync the "Calendar" on the iPad with my iPhone and MacBook Pro.

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smudge said:

I use both and it's excellent, as with pop mail.

Toochief

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have two exchange and one gmail account on my ipad2. All work flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions