What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sync Gmail calendars?

wingnut144

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added my gmail account as the email of choice on my iPad, but here's my question.

It also is syncing my calendar as well. I have multiple calendars associated with my gmail account, but the iPad only found the main one....

How can I get it to recognize all the other calendars associated with my gmail account and add them to the calendar?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have to set you GMail account up as an Exchange account. Here are the instructions.

Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help

The very last link in the instructions takes you to further instructions on how to get set up your other calendars to sync. Note that when it tells you to go to m.google/sync you have to do that on the iPad. A desktop computer will be redirected to an information page about Google Sync.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mine worked almost instantly.

Note, setting up m.google.sync for new calendars won't work unless you did the rest, and set your GMail up as an Exchange service. It uses different servers, Exchange servers, instead of the IMAP server that the standard GMail account setup uses.

plymouthred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine worked almost instantly.

Note, setting up m.google.sync for new calendars won't work unless you did the rest, and set your GMail up as an Exchange service. It uses different servers, Exchange servers, instead of the IMAP server that the standard GMail account setup uses.

Not being an expert on IMAP or Exchange Servers would changing the standard GMAIL settings cause problems with my current set up of an Android phone?

I am looking at getting the iPad 2 upon launch here in the UK and would like to use both for my emails?

Thanking you in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As long as you don't turn off the IMAP service in Google Mail's settings (and there is no reason to do this) there shouldn't be any problems.

I have a Droid X and access all the same mail accounts I do with my iPad. Works fine. I do use the K-9 mail app though. It's a lot easier to use with multiple accounts than the GMail app. Or that's the impression I get form some of the complaints I'ver heard. I didn't use it for more than a few days before switching.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
As long as you don't turn off the IMAP service in Google Mail's settings (and there is no reason to do this) there shouldn't be any problems.

I have a Droid X and access all the same mail accounts I do with my iPad. Works fine. I do use the K-9 mail app though. It's a lot easier to use with multiple accounts than the GMail app. Or that's the impression I get form some of the complaints I'ver heard. I didn't use it for more than a few days before switching.

I had previously setup the exchange server for the email, contacts and calendar but I was unable to see other calendars till I came across this thread!

Thanks twerppoet! Now everything looks much better after I setup the device under m.google.com/sync.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

rayraym

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have gone to the m.google/sync with my new ipad2, as i have done before with my previous iphones, and the device does not show. Still cannot see multiple calendars- only the one from the Exchange. . . so frustrated!! Any fix out there for this??

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
rayraym said:
I have gone to the m.google/sync with my new ipad2, as i have done before with my previous iphones, and the device does not show. Still cannot see multiple calendars- only the one from the Exchange. . . so frustrated!! Any fix out there for this??

This happened to me and I used my desktop and then I saw the stuff in there. Try the desktop pc and see if that works for you.

stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Did you set up the iPad 2 account as an Exchange account? It won't show up if you used the standard Gmail account. Make sure you have the calendar set to sync under the Exchange account as well.

Also, if you have the GMail account still set up, either turn off the calendar sync for it or delete the account.

You've probably done all that, it's all I can think of for the moment.

Most reactions

Latest posts