What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you download and save an audio file from a podcast?

Reaction score
I want to download (it gives me that option) an audio file from a podcast. It is 39 minutes long but I just want about 10 minutes of it starting at the 29 minute mark. What app do I need to download and can I get just the segment I want? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The download is almost certainly all or nothing.

Several apps will let you download audio files. As long as you can get the link from the site, you can paste it into the URL download feature of whatever audio/vidoe player you like.

I only have a couple of vidoe/audio players. I don't use them, but a quick check shows that VLC has a url download option, but OPlayer only has a play URL feature. GoodReader can also do this, but isn't optimized for listening to audio files. Same for Documents by Readdle.

I use Overcast as my podcast app. It alows downloading podcasts for offline listening.

Most reactions

Latest posts