What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you clean your screen?

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wipe mine with a soft cotton cloth which I read on some apple site that I should do, but it doesn't really get rid of the fingerprints. What do you guys do to keep the screen clean?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use my breath to put a bit of a haze on the surface of the glass then wipe the screen with a microfiber cloth. It does a great job... It removes all fingerprints.. I even carry a cloth with me in my jacket pocket to clean the screen when I'm out and about.....

baanestad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here...

I use a wet wipe (the kind with no scent or chemicals, which I use with my 16mo daughter lol), then I dry it with, say, a diaper cloth - it's very soft and won't scratch the iPad's screen... I have a screen protector that's antiglare and "no fingerprints" as well, so even though it will kind of "stain" after a lot of use, I don't really get fingerprints here. :)

Imfe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the wet towels that are for cleaning your glasses. I also use them for my lens from the photocamera. Works perfect.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A dry microfiber cloth is the go.
Quick wipe and as new ,no filmy residue.
I keep a small piece tucked in the cover for traveling.

SNOWDROP252

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need to clean the screen of an ipad...I don't....I use a Capacitive Touch Stylus Pen obtained from Amazon....FANTASTIC, absolutely no finger marks.

OP
J

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! So since I don't have any babies around at home I'm going to go out and purchase a microfiber cloth :) I do have a stylus pen which I use a lot but there are some things (like typing) that I do much faster with my fingers.

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A dry microfiber cloth is the go.
Quick wipe and as new ,no filmy residue.
I keep a small piece tucked in the cover for traveling.

Was advised at Apple Retail Store to use window cleaner like Windowlene as, after all, the screen is glass. Have been doing so since and it works a treat. I have no protector, of course. just wipe it with kitchen roll after spraying (remove any cover first!) :) As a temporary measure I do the breathing trick or wipe with any soft cloth although that doesn't remove fingerprints. Bear in mind that hand creams/lotions will leave greasy marks. I always flick away any unseen dust or particles before spraying/wiping, especially when travelling on public transport. Have often considered licking the screen but they don't have wifi at local asylum!

Last edited:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
I use my breath to put a bit of a haze on the surface of the glass then wipe the screen with a microfiber cloth. It does a great job... It removes all fingerprints.. I even carry a cloth with me in my jacket pocket to clean the screen when I'm out and about.....

This is what I do too. For my iPhone and iPad both.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
J

jojoba

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I think I'll get some eyeglass cleaner, too. Going shopping on Saturday :)

Most reactions

Latest posts