What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you clean the fingerprints off the iPad screen?

MikeM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eazel-stand.com
I used windex and tissue.

It worked.

Yikes!! I'm pretty sure you don't want to use ANY type of solvent to clean the iPad screen. Pretty good chance it will dissolve the oleophobic coating. And definitely do not use paper products. They are contain tiny wood fibers. Use soft cotton or special optical products only.

Alcohol and baby wipes, equally Yikes!!

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used windex and tissue.

It worked.

Yikes!! I'm pretty sure you don't want to use ANY type of solvent to clean the iPad screen. Pretty good chance it will dissolve the oleophobic coating. And definitely do not use paper products. They are contain tiny wood fibers. Use soft cotton or special optical products only.

Alcohol and baby wipes, equally Yikes!!

Hmmm.....wonder what an oleo phobic coating might be.

Something scared of oil.

Wonder how many windex cleanings are required to dissolve it?

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just take a soft clean cloth, microfiber works well, and lightly let it drape across the ipad a few times to make sure that anything gritty is off the screen before you apply pressure. Then just wipe the screen off until it looks beautiful again.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Belt sander...

Thanks for the tip, found a cheap one on eBay

Glad you found one, though they are cheaper here in the states.... lol

Quote from the Apple Important information for the iPad document

"Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen ; simply wipe iPad’s screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands. The ability of this coating to repel oil will diminish over time with normal usage, and rubbing the screen with an abrasive material will further diminish its effect and may scratch your screen."

Fastskis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Stylus"

Logic makes a nice pen, Stylus. It is quite sensitive and sipes well. Great for one finger typing.

My screen is always clean.

However, the finger and hands are the best input. I use microfiber and idler solution to clean.

rsmart22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the microfiber cloth that came with my Incipio Case! Works perfectly.

MegiPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a micro fiber cloth ( I wear glasses and sometimes I use my liquid glasses cleaners.

PreVoiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using your sleeve ain´t a very good idea, since it may contain small parts of material which may create scratches and marks on the screen. Yes, the iPad and iPhone screens are remarkable since it's almost impossible to damage them - but it's still possible. So make sure your sleeve is a 100% clean if you tend to use it for cleaning purposes!

Otherwise, there are "cleaning kits" sold in every applestore, aswell as in almost every major electronics store. They doesn't cost more than a few bucks, and contain a bottle of cleaning fluid and a microfiber cloth. That's all you'll ever need for a perfect result - guaranteed!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a piece of cloth that came with the MacBook Pro. It really shows that it was designed by Steve Jobs, it had to have rounded corners.

Sent from my jailbroken K48,

Most reactions

Latest posts