What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you clean the fingerprints off the iPad screen?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have got rid of the screen protector because it looks so much better bare, but it does get smudgy very quickly. So far I haven't cleaned the screen and was wondering how do you guys do it. I am guessing using a dry cloth won't remove all the fingerprint marks so would it be OK to use a slightly damp (with water) piece of cloth. I don't want to take any risks because I once bought a pretty expensive digital screen cleaner liquid only to find my TV screen was left with some permanent smudge, caused by the liquid itself.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fingerprints wipe off easily with a dry microfiber cloth. First make sure that there is no grit on the screen and then simply wipe the screen.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that a damp cloth would be a problem but fingerprints come off without water. The screen has a coating that doesn't let oil stick.

iDharma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fingerprints wipe off easily with a dry microfiber cloth. First make sure that there is no grit on the screen and then simply wipe the screen.

Microfiber cloths, all the way. You can buy 'em very cheaply on eBay. No water needed. They work wonders.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the same tiny cloth that I have for my glasses.
This finish they put on the glass panel of the iPad is fantastic. I wish it were available for other devices as an after market product. Glasses would be my first target.

Interocitor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the small cloth used for cleaning eye glasses. Dry works fine. Small enough to tuck into my iPad case.

nursedude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As previous posters mentioned: Microfiber cloths work extremely well. I also use my glasses cleaning cloth.

Most reactions

Latest posts